Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Current Skin Care Must-Haves

For those of you that are all about skin care products and taking care of your complexion, I thought it would be fun to update you on what products I'm currently using to keep my skin in top shape. Please note that I have eczema with a combination skin type (dry cheeks, oily T-zone) so shop according to your particular skin type when looking for new items to try out.

CLEANSER(S)

I use this for most mornings when I'm on the go:


I use this to take off my makeup...even though it's not really a makeup remover, it works for me. I also use it on days when my skin is more sensitive than usual:

TONER

Toner is awesome for taking care of my oily T-zone. But in the Fall and Winter my complexion tends to dry out more than usual so I skip out on the toner:

COTTON PADS

To apply my toner I use generic-brand, 100% cotton pads (the rounded kind). You can buy them from any drugstore for really cheap and they come in a good size quantity that'll last you a while (80-100 count). I actually maximize the use of my cotton rounds by only using one side of it to apply toner in the morning and instead of throwing the pad away, I keep it and use the other unused half in the evening to apply toner before going to bed. If you do the math: using one cotton pad in the morning and one cotton pad in the evening means you only get 40 days from an 80 pack of cotton pads, but using the same pad twice a day means you an 80 day usage. And if you buy 2 packs that's 160 days!!!

EXFOLIATOR

After hearing about St. Ive's Apricot Scrub for so many years I finally decided to give it a try. I really like it! My complexion is still adjusting to the new product but it definitely excels at removing my dry patches that seem to appear out of nowhere these days:

EYE CREAM

I'm in the market for a new eye cream but I'm almost done with my current bottle of eye cream so I'll continue to use it until it's all gone and then buy a new one. I'll be sure to let you know which one I end up getting:

MOISTURIZER

I turn to the tried and true Ponds moisturizer for dry skin. I apply a generous amount to my dry cheeks and only a little bit to my T-zone, since that gets oily enough on its own. I love the formula and the small container will last me a long time. I also apply it to my neck and decollete area at night to keep that area firm, toned and supple:

No comments:

Post a Comment