Sunday, July 19, 2009

Answering a Reader Question #51

Alma Wrote:

I am going to amtc the 25 and have braces but I always get complements on my hair and people say my braces are cute do u think that they want me I went to a preivious event like that and they wanted me but I had no braces please tell me if I have a chance otherwise I don't want to make a fool of my self.


Hi, Alma, and thank you for your question. I don't work for AMTC, nor am I completely able to tell you what they are looking for. But as far as wearing braces, that could work against you. Many of the agencies you may meet may not be interested in you until your braces come off. There may agencies that don't mind your braces but the amount of work for models with braces is not very plentiful, which makes it not as desirable for an agency to take on models with braces. If you don't have that much longer to go until you get them off, then it would be in your best interest to probably wait, especially since you said they were interested in you before when you didn't have braces. When it comes down to it, it is ultimately up to you to decide whether you still want to attend or not. But if you feel uncomfortable in any way or don't feel at your best, then you may not want to attend. Only go if you feel completely secure with yourself, including your braces.

***Updated Answer***

At age 12, then your braces probably will be fine. Because you are younger, your braces won't be as much of a hindrance as they would be if you were older.

No comments:

Post a Comment