Monday, December 8, 2008

Answering a Reader Question #32


Sky Wrote:

Heyyyyy,
My name Sky is I want to be a model. I am 19 and 6'2. My measurement is 32-27-34. Do you think I have a chance to become an Elite or Ford model. I really do want to become a VS model.


Hi, Sky! To answer your question, unfortunately, you've got two things working against you if you hope to become a fashion model/VS model: your height and your waist measurement.

There is such a thing as being too tall for modeling. Even men have difficulty in this area. While being naturally tall is great for fashion and runway modeling, 6'2" exceeds the ideal height requirement for female models. Some agencies will take a chance at signing a 6'0" female model and that's if she has a really great look. Unfortunately, I think you being 6'2" will work against you in your search for an agency. Does that mean you'll never get signed? Not necessarily but the odds will be against you, so be prepared for that.

As far as your measurements, your bust and hip measurements are perfect but your waist should be 24 inches, according to industry standards. Agencies will allow you to be one inch larger than the ideal 34-24-34 but no more than that. So you would have to slim down to at least 25 inches around the waist in order to be seriously considered by a good agency like Ford and Elite.

No comments:

Post a Comment