Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Answering a Reader Question #30


Antoinette Wrote:

24 year old Tx girl,
I always wanted to be a victoria secret model. I have a little experience and I just got a one year contact with DMG Model Management in Dallas,Tx. After it expires what can I do to try out by me being 5'5 in height?


Hi, Antoinette! Congrats on getting signed to an agent! You are where many, many aspiring models hope to be so pat yourself on the back for a job well done. =)

Unfortunately, I'm going to give it to you straight: Victoria's Secret recruits its models from high fashion modeling agencies and prefer their models to be 5'8" or taller. The ideal VS model is 5'10". At your height, you wouldn't be able to get signed to a high fashion modeling agency in order to be considered for a spot as a VS model. You are the ideal height for commercial/print so stick to that and you will still find a successful career in that field since commercial/print models are always in demand.

I wish you much luck in your career with DMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment