Monday, December 1, 2008

Answering a Reader Question #29


Heather Gross Wrote:

Hi my name is Heather Gross I am 18 and i am trying to get into modeling. Hollywood North Entertainment cating agency contacted me and wanted me to give them a call. So I did and they ask me to send 4-6 photos to them. Iagreed and sent the photos and they offered me a contract. The contract is simple and i read it throughly. The only thing that is stopping me is the "Cost is $288.75 on visa or master card for the prints." Any advice?


Hello, Heather, and thanks for your question. You said you were interested in modeling. That being said, are you aware that the Hollywood North Entertainment Casting Agency specializes in reality TV shows? They are responsible for placing talent on all sorts of reality TV shows from America's Got Talent to The Apprentice. From what I know, they do not represent models or find modeling work in any of the fields (fashion/runway/commercial/print). If modeling is your goal, I suggest not turning to a reality TV casting agency. That will be a dead end for you.

There are a lot of websites that list HNE as a scam of sorts and are only interested in making money off of its talent.

That alone tells me that you should probably move on and find a legit and actual agency that only works with models and not anything related to television, especially reality TV. If this is not the same company you are talking about, then I was not able to find any information on a company of the same name that is a modeling agency. This is the website I came across in my research. Is this the same one you went to: http://www.hollywoodnorthentertainment.com.

Hope that helps and feel free to contact me at my email address should you have any more questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment